Question
Posted by: jojo | 2008/07/07

need to know

hi doc, in feb this year i had a miscarrige at about 10 weeks on the 21 of feb 2008 conception date was 18 dec 2007 and my last period was on the 5th of dec 2007 please could you tell me the date my baby would of been born because i need to find peace with it. i would also like to know what are my chances of a miscarrage in future as this was my first pregnancy and i would like to wait a few years before trying again. please doc could you also tell me what effects would the d&c have on my next pregnancy. i would also like to know if its possible to get an infection after a d&c

The due date would have been 12 September. The chances of a successful pregnancy next time are more than 90%. The D&C will not affect your pregnancy. It is possible to have an infection after a D&C but it is not very common.

3
Posted by: jojo | 2008/07/08

thanx eve and nix its the hardest thing i ever have to go thru. thanx for your kind words

Reply to jojo
Posted by: Eve | 2008/07/07

Hi Jojo,
I am so sorry for your loss!!! Please believe me it does get better, you never forget but you learn to cope. I had a miscarriage last year March. I had a D&C on the 5 March. I was absolutely crushed. I already had a little boy and was trying for our second child. I never thought it would happen because I had already had a healthy baby. My doc said that we could try again immediately which is what we did. I fell pregnant the next month 19 April. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in January this year. My doc said that just because I had a miscarriage does not mean it will happen again and it never. Keep your chin up and try your best to move on. I still think about the baby I lost!! Some times things happen that we cannot understand but we can only believe that everything happens for a reason!! My prayers are with you.

Reply to Eve
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/07

Your baby would have been due on the 10 September 2008. I'm sorry for your loss.

Reply to Nix