Question
Posted by: StephW | 2008/07/14

Need to go off the pill, worried

Hi, my doctor told me that I should go off the pill (Yasmin) for 6 months before my husband and I start trying for babies to let my body get itself in order. My worry is that I initially went on the pill in school due to a very slight hormonal imbalance that made me very sensitive and depressed. Since being on the pill I have been so much better. I went off the pill for 3 months about 3 years ago, and hated it. I was over-sensitive and cried alot, and the last thing I wanted to do was have sex, and the last thing my husband wanted to do was have sex with me. When it comes time for me to go off the pill to have a baby, is there another form of medication I can go on to keep me 'normal'?

Mood swings at differnt times of the cycle are normal but, if you are moody all the time, you should see a doctor for assessment. An antidepressant or anxiolytic may be indicated.