Question
Posted by: Mr. Holmes | 2008-12-02

Need to be rid of porn ' addiction' 

First off, I know that there is no addicition to porn, which implies that one is enslaved beyond one' s own power to control the fascination. Its simply a rotten habit and in my case started when I was 15 and had my first introduction to sex via a colourful porn mag. Since then, I have been besotted by porn. The internet, of course, does not help as it is knee-deep in porn. I want ot be rid of the role it plays in my life. I don' t want the first place I visit to be a porn site, I don' t want to feel the urge to download new stuff to add to my ' collection' . I' ve seen that CBT seems to be the most recomended type of therapy but is there something I could do on my own as I believe that this would be more powerful to unlearn some very bad habits?

"addiction", in this and other areas, is a term generally used as an excuse rather than any helpful explanation for varied behacviours that are simplt bad habits. As you describe your experience, I suspect part of it was the issue of thisn being your first introduction to sex --- one tends to remember and be shaped by one's first experience. CBT would indeed be the route to go, and as it requires very much your own efforts ( but properly planned, shaped and reviewed ) to work, it should fit what you want. Also, you could try Netnanny type software to limit your access to such sites, with maybe someone else putting in a password unknown to you, so you can't cheat on it.,

5
Posted by: alleexoo | 2011-02-15

Reply to alleexoo
Posted by: ydehjkhjhknog | 2011-02-03

Reply to ydehjkhjhknog
Posted by: felicity | 2008-12-02

If its affecting your family or the people who live with you then its a problem. If you are in relationship with a partner who is OK with it then fin, if she/he is not then relook at the situation.

Reply to felicity
Posted by: Porn ?! | 2008-12-02

Hi, I also don' t see anything wrong with it. But it can became a problem if you are addictive to it. Try for one day not to look at it or download any. Then for whole week.
IT is like being on an diet. IT is bad the first twee weeks,but if you want to you can do it.

Reply to Porn ?!
Posted by: Missy | 2008-12-02

i love it, and i don' t see anything wrong with it...can we exchange dvd' s

Reply to Missy