Question
Posted by: Mipa | 2010/11/03

Need some advise

I need to loose weight desparately, i am a size 38 and want to be a comfortable 34, i am currently on a second week of a 3 day diet, i know these kinds of diets are not healthy and only a temporary weigh loss, but i need a kick start and during my 4 days off diet i make sure that i dont overeat inorder to familiarise myself with healthy eating life style.

i have started jogging and walking in between for 30min, three times a day, i also drink a lot of water

My question is, if i go off this diet and start eating very healthy will i gain back all the weight that i have lost?

Dear Mipa
The problem with these quick fix diets is that you tend to lose a dramatic amount of weight (kgs) on the scale, but you can't be sure how much of this is water and how much is actual fat. So in general people do tend to regain the weight they lose on fad diets. You can try using a balanced, but low-fat diet for the days in between and see what happens. Click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a more balanced slimming diet. If you do this intended programme 2 x and each time you regain all the weight you have lost during the "3-day diet" then stop using it and use the balanced slimming diet plus the exercise to lose weight more slowly but steadily. The exercise you are doing should help a lot. Do not drink too much water. Drinking in excess of 2,5 litres of liquid (this includes everything you drink) a day can cause electrolyte imbalances and this may lead to water retention which is dangerous and can make your weight increase!

1

Dear Mipa