Question
Posted by: Jane | 2009/10/18

need serious intervention

hi

I' m really battling here.
my %of body fat is 31.
I recently joined pilates and yoga classes 3 x week.

in the past I was able to lose weight by barely eating and dancing every day.

I tend to become discouraged in a serious way. how do I stay motivated ??
I get very hungry too often and lose the plot.

pls advise. I' m so tired of this nonsense.

lol thanks

Hi Jane

31% is not too high, so don't panic. Sure, you can bring it down, but it's not "serious". I'd question the advice you're getting if you've had that measured and you're being told it's not good.

Having said this, the addition of exercise should help a little. Just an important point though is that in the past, dancing would have helped because it is a high intensity cardio workout. Currently, you're not doing that, you're doing static training, which is great for the core and strength and flexibility but not for weight loss and energy burning. So you may want to look at a form of exercise that will help you.

Other than this, you need to have a plan. A food diary will help, so will other people to help you train. Partners and friends who will train with you. But you need a 'plot', a plan to follow, both for exercise and diet. And don't panic - part of it is that you're too hard on yourself, because you're not in a bad way at all.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/27

Hi Jane

Reply to fitnessdoc

Try keeping a food journal, so you can see exactly how many calories you take in. It helped for me, as soon as you start looking at the calorie content of food your choices change. Ex: 1 kg of mixed veggies contains apr half the calories of one cornish pie. Yet you will probably not eat that much veggies at one time. So, eat more small calorie snack during the day and you should not get so hungry since the time in between meals would be shorter.