Question
Posted by: Reggy | 2010-07-20

Need second opinion - Urine infection?

My gyno doc took my urine for tests and the test because he was worried about the colour of my urine, the test came back positive for urine infection, he has now prescribed Zinuat 500mg, to take for five days, my problem is that I don’ t want to take any medication even Panado, now I am worried having to take this medication, will it not put my pregnancy at risk, I am 32 weeks pregnant and I’ ve never took any medication when I was pregnant before. I also need to know what can be the course of the urine infection?? I stopped having sex when I discovered that I was expecting and I am using a special soap to bath, personally I am very sensitive and I doing everything I can to avoid viginal infections, what could be a course for this infection and will it be safe to take this Zunuat??

Zinnat is safe in pregnancy. Urinary infections are common in pregnancy due to pressure of the uterus on the bladder.

Best wishea

6
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-24

Best wishea

Posted by: Reggy | 2010-07-22

I have started taking the medication, thanks for your advice.

Reply to Reggy
Posted by: Dee | 2010-07-22

Take the medication or you could go into labour, dont be silly now, the doc knows what he is doing.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Anon | 2010-07-21

Take the medication. Also drink cranberry juice it helps prevent urine infections

Posted by: Fikzo | 2010-07-21

Urinary tract infection is not an STI and its treatable. One of the causes are not drinking enough water, drinking a lot of feezy drinks (acidic stuff to be precise). Now that you have it do as your doc has told you, you will be fine. the doc would nt have given something that would harm your baby as long as you told him/her that u r pregnant. Take ur medication cause it can be dangerous in a long run. I had it and I m fine its only five days

Reply to Fikzo
Posted by: Dee | 2010-07-21

Hi i think with pregnancy the urine infection is very common, i had it during my first trimester of my pregnancy. i also understand it can be very dangerous for the pregnancy if not treated early, am sure the medication given by your doc is not going to be harmful for baby so please do take it for the sake of both of you.

Reply to Dee