Question
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2010/01/18

Need reveral to Psyco-doc

Okay, so I phoned that doctor today and here is the problem: I live in Pretoria-North and this Doc sits in the middle of the City and he only sees people on weekdays, 08h00-16h00.

I CAN NOT involve my Employers, so I HAVE to see this Doctor AFTER 17h30 on a week day or preferably over the WEEKEND.

Can you please give me a referral to a Psyciatrist that can help?

I can't give any referrals to any shrink - for many really good reasons. Do you have a GP who might be able to recommend a different psychiatrist ? Can the psychiatrist's office recommend another practice which they may know provides sessions outside of office hours ?
I have always thought that, while recognizing that all docs and shrinks have a right to their own private time, it is important that they should at least provide kater appointments a couple of evenings a week, and maybe alternate Saturday mornings, just because many people can't get time of during work.
But also, if you need to see a doctor, your work is I think required to make reasonable arrangements to enable you to do so, and is not entitled to insist on knowing the details other than that you are seeing a doctor

1