Posted by: Heather | 2013-01-29

Need recipies for low GI, no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no salt

I am looking for a recipe book / or web site that can help with a diet that contains low GI, no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no salt, no red meat. I am really struggling to find food that is suitable and tasty ways of making food. Or will a dietician be able to help with suggestions?

Dear Heather
I can imagine that you find it difficult to make food if you have to avoid wheat/gluten, dairy, sugar, slat and red meat. You can contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: to find out more about allergies. The Allergy Association Website lists the foods that your son will need to avoid because of his specific allergies. For recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan, which contains recipes for baking too. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: . To read more about food allergies click on 'Diet and Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance'.

Posted by: Michelle | 2013-02-01

Try this website wwwdotmannaplusdotcom. they have great recipies. I have insulin resistance and follow a similar diet. the reciepies are full of flavour. Hope this helps

Reply to Michelle