Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2010/09/22

Need more energy

Hi Doc,

What do you suggest I use to get more energy? I have not had a holiday in 3 years and have had 2 kids with 2 days maternity leave each time. I worked full days, surviving on 3 hours sleep sometimes.

I am taking Vital''s multivitamin daily, but feel I need more. I am 1.85m tall and weigh 58kg. I swim 2kms four times a week. Perhaps I need a supplement as I think my BMI is under.

I have previously gone for Vitamin B injections, but this does not last long.

Last night I went to bed at 7pm and got up at 6am this morning, but the sleep is interrupted.

Any energy tips?

Thanks.

Hi Shoes
Your BMI is much too low and you probably suffer from a bit of burnout. You also sleep way too little. First step would be to look at your diet - you may not be eating enough or the right kind of foods. Supplements do not replace a proper diet with enough fruit, vegetables and calories and a healthy sleeping pattern. See http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm
Try taking something like Biral 2 at night and try to go to bed at a set time (e.g. 22h00) and try to sleep at least 7-8 hours.
DR Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/22

Hi Shoes
DR Bets