Posted by: Louki | 2008-11-27

Need help with weight loss

Please could you help me? I' m 42 years old, 1.64m tall &  at the moment I weigh 79 kilos. I lost 6 kilo' s since about June this year as well as centimeters but I' m not too sure how many. I' ve dropped one dress size as well. Now it seems as is my weight has stabalized and this frustrates me no end. Please could you help me with an eating plan that will help me lose some more weight? I' m also not too sure as to how much I should weigh for my height or age and would appreciate it if you could give me some kind of guidelines there as well.

Dear Louki
Congratulations for losing those 6 or more kgs! This is an excellent start. Your present BMI = 29,4 which is still in the overweight category so it would be good if you could try losing another 10 kg, so that you have a nice normal BMI of 24. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). If you combine this diet with plenty of aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day, then you should start losing again at the rate of between 0,5 and 1 kg per week.

Posted by: adz | 2008-11-27

Louki &  Sezie,
about 65

Reply to adz
Posted by: Sezie | 2008-11-27

I am 34 yrs old i wiegh 80 kilos i m 1.64m tall , my blood group is 0 positive, what type of food im supposed to eat? How Many Meals per day?. Please also tell me how much i should weigh for my height or age.

Reply to Sezie