Posted by: Ariane | 2008-12-15

Hi i have been struggling with my weight for about four years now, and i do not have a clue of what is happening to me.
I keep on gaining weight week after week for a long time now. I am not just sitting around doing nothing, i do my exercise when i am not tired, i try to put walking as part of my exercise regime and i try to watch what i eat.

I just do not know what to do to keep myself from gaining anymore weight. And the i look really big now, and most of the affected areas are my rear, mostly hips and thighs.

Please help me to help myself.

Dear Ariane
If you are gaining weight all the time despite eating moderately and doing relatively regular exercise then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if there is not an underlying physical problem such as a hormone imbalance (thyroid, insulin and/or female hormones) or a psychological one (depression which can cause pronounce weight gain). If you are given a clean bill of physical and psychological health then it would be a good idea to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that the dietitian can assess what and how much you are eating and assist you with a balanced slimming diet. It will also help to do targeted exercises for those problem areas (e.g. thigh rolls), so do ask Fitness Doc on this Website for a set of home exercises that target the buttocks, hips and thighs.

Posted by: Google | 2008-12-15

Dear Ariane

Please have your self checked out at the doctor. you could be having an insulin or thyroid problem. you just need to be checked to ensure that all is in order and that your hormones are balanced and working effectively.

i used to be in the same situation where i developed insulin resistance. i remember gaining 10kgs in 1 week. since i was diagnosed and correctly treated i lost 37 kilos. that is in conjunction with excersize and balanced diet.

All the best!

Reply to Google