Question
Posted by: sad puppy | 2008/07/24

need help

hi doc i had a miscarriage in feb this year at 10 weeks i would like to know can i get pregant again? im 20 years of age and weigh 110kg with possible hypertension could this be the cause of the miscarriage? i would like to maybe wait a few years before starting a family. could you prescibe a birthcontrol pill or whatever that would not be to strong for me or cause problems when am ready to have a child. i would like to wait about 3 years. an i would also like to loose weight before trying again.

I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist to check for PCOS. This can be associated with miscarriages. If this is the case, specific treatment may be necessary which would also help you lose weight. The Pill to use will also be decided on this basis.