Posted by: Myra | 2009-05-01

Need guy advice

Hi Doc,

I have been in so many failed relationships before that I started to think that I am not handling things right, thus my letter.

I have meet a guy about a month ago. Initially he made all sort of jokes about me being his girlfriend, etc. I joked about it as well, as I hardly knew this guy and I thought he was just joking. Then one of his work mates told me that he actually likes me and one night when he had a few drinks in he asked if I would go on a date with him. I then said yes if he ask me. Well, it is 3 weeks now and nothing happened. He email/sms/phone me every day and he has asked me to go to braai' s and stuff with him on three occations. I went and meet all his friends, but we haven' t spend much one on one time.

Does this mean he likes me? Or does he actually only see me as a friend. I am not sure if he does the same with all his friends as well and I don' t know how to behave now. It is hard, since every time that I speak to him or see him, I like him more.

What do you suggest I do? Should I talk to him?

Thank you,

None of us can tell you what this means --- he probably could, if he even understands it himself. There is no way to discover what ( if anything ) he has in mind, other than by talking about it with him ( note that I say Talking About rather than Asking --- you want an open-ended response, not a bald yes or no ). And he may be trying as hard to guess what you have in mind. Its also possible that yhou are looking for more, sooner, than he is.

Posted by: Cath | 2009-05-04

Myra your situation is exactly like mine, i wonder why would people just come to your life and say nothing, why would they enjoy being around and still don' t say a word, i believe that this closes other opportunities one might have in their lives, don' t worry i have the same dilemma

Reply to Cath
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-05-04

Hmm I think the poor guy likes you but does not know how to ask you.Perhaps he is just very shy and not sure how you woudl take it.

Reply to Kelly