Question
Posted by: Lorna | 2010/01/12

Need further information for cosmetic surgery

Hi Doc,

I' m now 27years old. I have a 2yr old baby and married for 6years. I weigh 37kg and a height of 1.45
I just need further information on the below :

Breast implants - prefer the silicone implants as they look natural - where can I get them done in Durban and what is the approximate cost -Is it safe and If I need to have another baby - will lactating damage the implants ?

Have dark circles underneath my eyes (hereditary more than stress related ) - wot procedure could sort this ?

Want to also have my buttocks firmer without changing the shape rite now - is this possible ?

If I have botox injection on my lips - How long does it last for ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lorna, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response.

Your best option would be to get a direct word of mouth referral to a plastic surgeon in your area or failing that log on to the web page: http://www.plasticsurgeons.co.za/

Prices vary from surgeon to surgeon and my advice would be to make 2 to 3 consultations to discuss the various issues you have with the procedure; ask for before and after photographs and then choose the surgeon you feel most comfortable with (remember that a lower quoted price does not necessarily mean a better option).

Once implants have been inserted you should be able to lactate normally but please log onto http://www.plasticsurgery.org/ as this site is full of non biased accurate information on various plastic surgery treatments including ‘choosing the right surgeon’, side effects, complications, etc.

The treatment for dark circles is dependent on the cause and typically we see four main reasons for the appearance of these dark circles around the eyes:

A loss of the fatty support allowing a groove or depression to appear resulting in the shadow effect: treated with the use of fillers that bring back the support to the overlying skin and reducing the shadow effect.
Pigmentation: pigment removal can be achieved with technology (skin rejuvenation, fractional), peels, and topical depigmenting creams.
Vascular: superficial veins, venous complex, etc.: laser vein removal
Combination of the above

Botox treatment for the upper lip is indicated specifically for the appearance of ‘smoker’s line’ or whistle lines. For fuller lips and defining the border of the lips we tend to use fillers. The length of duration for Botox would be between 6 to 8 weeks as small doses are used in the upper lip area while filler duration is dependent on the type of filler used: Restylane (6 to 9 months); Juvederm Ultra (9 to 12 months).

2
Posted by: Lisa | 2010/01/25

Thank you doc for the website address and response to my questions. I just need to know are there local surgeons in Durban I could go to ?

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/01/20

Combination of the above

Reply to anti-ageing expert