Posted by: inquirer | 2008-11-25

Need expert opinion

Hi there,

I recently changed jobs,and after the first month at the new job, i see that the old company still paid my salary into my bank account. I had an exit interview and even a fairwell i assumed the managers would take care of this seeing its their responsibility. Now i' m wondering, should i keep the money that they have paid into my account, seeing its their mistake? Or would their be legal implications to that? or should i just fess up and query as to why they paid the money in? Not quite sure what i should do.

Would appreciate your input, thanks! :)

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to return the money paid into your account. The legal implications would be that they would sue you for the monies.