Question
Posted by: Rina | 2009/11/06

Need excellent divore lawyer

My Mom and Dad has been seperated for 10 years, he left her for the other women who he is living with for all this time, A settlement was done between them that he has to pay her an amount every month, she use to live in Cape Town, has moved up recently to JHB, staying with me until she could find another place, so this month he paid her less than half the money he is suppose to, and says she doesn' t pay rent so she can get along with that money, I want to take my Mom to a very good divorce lawyer as my Dad has an excellent one, she wants to get divorce now and I am sure she is entitled to more than what she is getting now, and the other thing is we cannot get the agreement from the lawyers as my Dad owns them money and won' t give it to my Mom until monies are paid. so please anyone that knows about a good lawyer, we need your help to settle this for once and all.

Obviously, I don't know who are the good divorce lawyers, presumably in Joburg ( judging from your message ) but I think you're right that this is what is needed.
I ca understand his lawyers withholding documents, etc., from HIM if he hasn't paid their bills ( and that may mean he no longer has good lawyers !) ; but not from her. Maybe they need to be asked by her lawyer ? And if this is a record of a court decision involving her, I'm sure that is part of the public record and she must have the right to a copy.
If they are in 2 cities, court action could be complex.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2009/11/06

Try the Divorce Support Forum.

Reply to Maria