Posted by: Ant | 2009-08-18

Need an honest opinion

Pls tell me what you prefer, I have read lots of literature on eating healthily but am totally confused now. Some say 3 meals is the way to go and others suggest having smaller meals more regularly. I don' t want to lose a lot of weight just about 4kg or so.
I eat mainly 3 times a day only more regularly on weekends. Would that harm my metabolism in any way? Would eating more regularly boost my metabolism?

Dear Ant
If you can divide your food intake into 6 small meals a day then you will probably find that you will lose weight because studies have shown that "nibblers" who eat 6 small meals consisting of healthy, low-fat foods, tend to weigh less than "gorgers" (3 meals a day). To stimulate your metabolism I would suggest that you start doing some regular exercise like brisk walking or skipping for 30 min a day. Exercise is still the best and safest metabolic stimulant available.