Posted by: Why ME!? | 2009-07-27

Need an exorcist

This has been going on for a very long time, maybe 12 years if im not wrong. Im a christian, i believe in God but i feel like satan is trying to control me. I somehow understand why people that are possessed end up committing suicide, it' s bcos they cant live with the guilt. They dont want to do our God wrong, yet satan makes them. I' ve had evil thoughts eversince i can remember, while praying, i would hear this voice saying evil things which im even afraid to mention to anyone. I know my Lord loves me as he has been takin good care of me despite this. Im 28, and have luckily achieved many things i had not thought possible. Although i wish to have these things that ultimately i do get, when im praying for them, there' s this part of me that says, " i wish u do not get them" , although deep down inside i know for sure that i desperately need to have those things. Im desperately trying to conceive, been trying for the past 5 years, i feel like the Lord may be punishing me for " my"  evil thoughts. I need to have these demons taken out of me, i need to be exorcised. I want my priest to assist me but im ashamed to confess.

Please help me!

I do understand that yo are very distressed by these experiences, but I do NOT believe that Satan is involved. You DO need to see a good local psychiarist for a thorough assessment, as various types of illness may give rise to exactly the sort of experiences you are describing, and they can be greatly relieved by treatemrnt with medication and discussion. What has been happening is not your fault, but exorcism would be an extremely bad idea, and priests are not properly qualified to understand and properly deal with such situations. See a psychiatrist, and do not be ashamed to reveal fully all these experiences and concerns, as he would then be better able to help you, and would be there to help and not to judge.

Posted by: I hear you sister | 2009-07-29

gosh I thought I was on my own in this. I am an old woman who also goes to church and you will not believe the evil thoughts that enter my head, preventing me from concentrating on the sermon, I often also feel physically ill in church and often wonder if this is an attach by Satan to not bet me to go. Like you I think I am evil and my life is a constant battle of the good I should do but the bad I do do. Like you I am too afraid to talk to anyone about this. I mean a women of my age, not being a teenager should be able to handle these things. sister I will pray for you I mean it, no evil thoughts. also may our Lord grant you your most intimate wish for a baby.

Reply to I hear you sister