Question
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/21

Need Advice

My husband and i are trying to conceive. Its week 4 since we''''ve "  done the deed"  and im not sure if my period has skipped as they are irregular but i have breast tenderness, period like pains and had a 5 day bout of extreme nausea (no vomiting). I did a HPT last about 6 days ago and it was negative. Would it be worth testing again or should i wait it out?

Wait a week and then test.

35
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/29

Otherwise if you dont find it like I explained above, then at the top of this page there is a dark blue list forums. Click on Community and then a whole list of forums will open up. Click on the Pregnancy Chatline.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/29

haha, it''s on this site. If you go onto the left side of the page where you found the GyneaDoc''s section, you go all the way to the bottom of the list and there will be the options " Peers" . Click on it and a whole new list of forums will open up. Look for the one called " Pregnancy Chatline" . There''s a whole bunch of us Pregnant faeries on there. Cant wait to see you there!!!!!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: lily | 2012/08/29

Wait...

Where is the pregnancy forum :???? Confused lol

Reply to lily
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/29

Aaaah Nini i had no idea! Congrats on your pregnancy too! I will def join the pregnancy forum :)

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/29

OH MY GOODNESS LILY!!!

What amazing news!!! I am sooo happy for you. Please come and join us on the Pregnancy Forum asap - there are lots of ladies who are very supportive. I am also pregnant so I will be there too.

I am really pleased and happy for you. As long as you take the antibiotics and you look after yourself then you will be fine. You are still pregnant and that is what matters!!!!

I am over the moon for you.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/29

Hey Nini

Yes the doc app was yesterday and he confirmed that i am PREGNANT! We are overjoyed.

Only threat is i have bad infections (which the doc says caused the spotting) so im on antibiotics which were prescribed for me. Now its a waiting game but im sure all will be well! Still some light bleeding but im sure the meds will clear that up :)

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/28

Are you still around Lily? Wasnt your doc appointment today? Keep me posted...

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Another guy | 2012/08/28

Buy the Clear Blue test! The other brands were all negative with my wife and one day before she was due for her period she tested and that gave a positive while the rest were negative. They are more expensive, but much more sensive and accurate!

Best of luck!

Reply to Another guy
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/27

Thanks for the support.

So far i''ve tried two different brands and they both give faint positives.

If im not prego then, im ok with that, at least then iknow. This ''not knowing and hoping'' is driving me insane.

Thanks Nini and i will let you know soonest. Have a super day.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/27

Aaaah shame dear, sorry that things are not progessing - but that doesnt mean that it''s bad news either!

I am not sure if the line should be getting darker or not yet, it really depends on your levels, and of course the test that you are taking. The fact that you havent really started your period full blown yet could be a good sign, so the sooner you can have that blood test done, the better!

I dont think you need to stress too much at this point. You havent started yet, only spotting. And I''m sure that''s a good thing. I wish I had the answers for you! You just gotta hang in there till tomorrow, be positive. Have you considered trying a different brand of pregnancy tests? Perhaps another brand will give you a different result?

Please keep me posted.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/27

Good morning Nini Hope you had a great weekend!

Well, i had very bad cramps on Saturday night, period like and then SUnday i spotted again. Did a test Sunday morning and again, a very faint line. So im not sure if im prego or if im not. My head is telling me im not but my heart holds onto some form of hope.

Going to see the doc tomorrow and going to have ask them to draw blood. So lets hope.

ALl the signs tell me i am. The cramps, the spotting, the tender breasts but then why only faint positives? The HPT did say that even a slight positive is a positive but shouldnt they be bolder by now? Sigh... such an emotional rollercoaster.

Reply to Lily

Wait a week and then test.

Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/24

Hope you have a great weekend too. Keep me posted!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/24

Im hoping!

Going to buy another test this evening and test again first thing in the morning. If i still get a negative result i will wait til Wednesday for the gynae app!

I read " evaporation lines"  could be the cause of that faint line too. Hope its not that.

WIll keep you posted. Have a great weekend Nini.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/24

If you are indeed pregnant then your HCG levels will increase with each day. So do another test first thing tomorrow morning again. But my advice is to still do the blood test - you can get a normal GP to refer you, and the results are very quick.

I dont want to get your hopes up, but yes, a very faint line means that your body is picking up the hormone that you produce during pregnancy. And above all that you are experiencing some classic symptoms, so yes, it is very possible!!!!!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/24

Nini !!! AAAHHH!! Could it be??? Its a very faint line. I even asked my husband this morning, " Can you see something"  and he said " i dont know what that means"  LOL

I am busting out of my seams with excitement! Im sooo scared that its im imagining things though!

I have made an app with a gyne on Wednesday coz i thought something was wrong with me!

You think if i do a test on Monday using my first wee, it''ll give a more distinct line???

:) :) :)

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/24

Lily are you still around?? I am so anxious for you!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/24

Lily YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a very faint line means that your body is producing HCG, which it will ONLY produce if you are pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The spotting is most likely implantation bleeding, so dont panic too much.

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go and do a blood test ASAP, the results take 2 hours. Please keep me posted!!!!!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/24

I took the pregnancy test last night.

One very bold line and one very faint line. Still no period and i spotted two days ago and have period cramps. Going to go and see a gynae as i feel something is def not right :(

Thanks for all your help and support ladies xxx

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/23

@ ALMARIE - Please join our pregnancy forum that we have running on this site. Lots of helpful ladies, maybe someone can assist you there.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: ALMARIE | 2012/08/23

i am 30 weeks pregnant. i am so swollen from my anckles up to my legs. my feet arent swollen at all. i''m a bit concern goes the swelling goes with pain. there are time i cant even tramp on my feet. should i go see a dr or should just ignore the swelling.

Reply to ALMARIE
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/23

Good luck :-)

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/23

If i dont get my monthly''s in full swing by the end of today, i will!

Will keep you updated.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/23

SO TAKE THE TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesnt always have to be first thing in the morning, you can take the test at any time.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/23

THanks Nini.

More confused than ever. AF made an appearance and is now gone.
Just gonna wait it out. This is driving me insane LOL.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/23

OH NO!!!! Agh I am so sorry to hear tha.

Well at least now you can start with a clean slate and start monitoring properly. Good luck with your journey :-)

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/22

Hey Nini

Guess it was a false alarm. Just got a visit from Aunty Flo :(

Next time...

Thanks for all the advice and support.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/22

Thanks Nini!
Im gonna need it. Nervous as all hell.
Will update first thing in the a.m.

:)

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/22

YAY!!!!!

Well you better keep me posted! I hope the test is positive :-)

And even if it isnt and you still havent started by 1 Sep then your next step will be a blood test - which is the most accurate way anyway.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/22

Ok, consider my mind officially made! Im taking the test first thing tomorrow morning and you and I nini are the only ones who know!
Thanks for the advice and support!
Sigh... now the wait begins! #All smiles!

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/22

If your last period was on 15 July then that sounds to me like either a very long cycle, or you are officially late for your period!

I understand what your husband is saying about waiting it out, but will he really know if you take a test? If it''s negative then you can move forward. If it''s positive then you can surprise him with a romantic dinner or something. I know it''s not right to do it behind hubby''s back, but the reality is that it''s easy for them to say just wait - they''re not dealing with the symptoms, the questions, the confusion... TAKE THE TEST!!!!

haha, now I''m just as anxious as you!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/22

Thanks Nini

Im sooo anxious! i really want to test but my husband says im overeager and we should wait until the 01st of September. The nausea has subsided, i get heartburn at times but other that no signs. Breasts are a little tender and i had slight back pain yesterday but thats it.
Should i not be pregnant, i will def track my period from the start of this one.
To answer your question my last period was on the 15th July and i usually get it at the end of the month (hence me saying its irregular) but im not on any contraceptive nor have i been in years.

#excited and nervous all at once!

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/22

The biggest question is how long ago was your last period? If your past period was more than 4 or 5 weeks ago then you should be able to tell now already if you are pregnant.

The best advice I can give you is that if you are trying to conceive is that the first and most important thing you can do for yourself is to start tracking your cycle. You need to know the length of your cycle, because this will give you all the clues you need as to when you ovulate, when to expect your next period, what is considered a late period, and when something is not right. Even if you go to see your gynea, the first thing he will ask you is details about your period. So start asap!

Let us know what the test says!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Lily | 2012/08/21

Thanks Nini. I will buy a HPT after work and test first thing in the morning. If i get a negative result, will that mean im not pregnant or that its too early to tell? What do you think?

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/21

If your period still hasnt arrived then I thik a HPT can be done now again.

Reply to Nini