Question
Posted by: LEIGH | 2009/01/10

Need Advice

I need to know if my 13 year old daughter has Bipolar these are the symptoms I noticed - mood swings,impulsiveness,passion to shop excessively,finds fault with everything, sleeps very bad, goes to bed late gets up early example 2am, eating+/- varies Please Help

Bipolar Disorder might be a POSSIBLE diagnosis in the situation you describe, but normal adolescence is a much more likely and common reason for such behaviours. The best way to clarify what is troubling her and how best to deal with it, would be to take her to see a good local child psychiatrist or child psychologist, for a full assessment and then a discussion of your concerns.

2
Posted by: LEIGH | 2009/01/11

THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL TAKE HER FOR AN ASSESSMENT

REGARDS

LEIGH

Reply to LEIGH

Sounds like a typical teen to me. All those raging hormones. I would not jump to such a huge conclusion