Posted by: KK | 2009-01-09

Need Advice

My husbandd is a workaholic I knew that from day 1 of our dating life. But I think now its to the extreme or should i say he priorotise work too much more than me and family. week ago was his birthday i sacrificed my day at work took leave to be with him on his day we booked ourselve to a hotel just to get away from kids and have our time,,
1. you wont believe it he left me at the hotel for 3 hours (to sort out something at the office though he supposed to be on leave)...well i didnt mind this as much though i was disappointed
2. two days ago i asked him to go do gorcery shopping as he is on leave and i' m back at work...he agreed even asked the helper to make a list.....he didnt do it......why?? his other car is broken he was assisting to repair it....he knows nothing about cars probably just standing there and asking this question and that......I was still ok with it but a bit angry.

Someone boobed and opened this forum much earlier than they had agreed, so it's only by accident that I have discovered your message and been able to answer it during my "holiday" !
So this is a problem yopu recognized before the marriage, but perhaps hoped it would lessen or that you could handle it better between you ? Indeed, maybe you can, working on the issue together within marriage counselling. Leaving you stranded at the hotel was indeed most unfortunate --- and maybe he isn't as well organized at the office as he could be, or perhaps he's bad at delegating efficiently to others. or he wouldn't have felt he needed to dash back there for 3 hours.
As for the car, was he perhaps watching so as to try to learn more about them, to perhaps manage some repairs himself ? And perhaps, like many of us, having had dreadful experiences with mechanincs, he feels it necessary to keep an eye on things, to see they're done properly, and to avoid getting charged for things that don't actually get done ?