Question
Posted by: ms | 2008/08/27

Need advice

Married for 5+yrs. Went for poly ovaries op, endorm op. Dr removed one ovary without my knowledge. Found out 2yrs later when I went to another dr. Did 2 GIFT'  s. Went to another dr did 2 IVF/ICSI. DH has varicocele. Should DH go for the op. Still failed to conceive,

I need advice. Confused want to try next.

Dear Ms

Despite the fact that your partner has a varicocele, this may not be a significant contributory factor to your fertility problem. In cases of repeated failed IVF’s/GIFT’s, I would recommend some form of pre-treatment with GnRH analogues such as Zoladex Depo for at least 3-6 months prior to another fertility ICSI cycle. The use of Zoladex will suppress any remaining active endometriotic lesions and also allow adequate time for the bodies natural detox chemicals to eliminate certain adverse factors such as kinins through the macrophage system. It also has an added advantage of allowing receptors to recruit subsequently after the down-regulation phase and may enhance your response to fertility treatment. As a final agent to treatment perhaps PGD should be considered if embryo abnormalities are suspected but due to the high costs, this should be considered as a last resort.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: MARTIAAN | 2008/08/30

PLEASE HELP, I HAD A STERILISATION ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO, AND I WOULD LIKE TO REVERSE THE PROSUDURE.

PLS HELP ME, IS THIS POSSIBLE

Reply to MARTIAAN
Posted by: Sweetness | 2008/08/29

Hi ms

trying to conceive seems easy for some women and very difficult for some like us. Anyway, I really dont have any advise and hopw the expert will share some light and you can get some good advise from other ladies. Anyway, dont give up....

Reply to Sweetness