Question
Posted by: Pms?? | 2008/06/18

need advice

I am a 28 year old woman,i was diagnosed with depression about 5/6 years ago after i contemplated commiting suicide and was suffering from uncontrollable Premenstrual Stress.I was given fluoxetine and stayed on it for about a year. I went off the medication as per my GP at the time. My PMS still carried on after that resulting in the most unexplainable mood swings and a general feeling of being 'blue'. However, last year in 2007 after a loved one was murdered i appeared to have had a depressive relapse as the GP and other loved ones concluded, ranging from uncontrollable crying, feelings of hopelessness,rage and severe, sometimes self harming mood swings and bouts of anger.Under the guidance of the GP in July 2007 i went back onto Lorien/fluoxetine as well as sessions with a psycologist. I was on the fluoxetine for about 7/8 months when the GP and psycologist suggested that i use Cipramil for the anxiety/worry that i experience. I have been on the cilift for about 4/5 months and am generally confused about how i am feeling. I am often asked if i feel any better and my answer very often is 'i dont know how i feel' which is true. There are times when during PMS i still cry uncontrollably, there are other times like today when i feel like an unfeeling zombie. While at work, i am tired with headaches and agitation all day,even tho i take it late in the afternoon, yet then i cannot sleep at night. I am relieved tho that i can calmy say the bouts of aggession are not as severe as before and now they mainly occur during PMS, i am still however very moody and lethargic, is all of this merely a terrible hormonal inbalance?

Please advise on whether this has been the best possible way i have dealt with my symptoms, any advice or suggestion from your side will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Severe Pms?

SOunds like things have improved to a degree, but noy yet enough ; that you are probably indeed feeling a bit better than earlier, but not yet well enough. Maybe it'd be useful to see a good local psychiatrist for a re-assessment and second opinion as to diagnosis and treatment. And he'she may also be able to advise on whether some hormonal intervention might be able to reduce the PMS< which could help a whole lot