Posted by: cally | 2009-02-23

need a therapist

I think I need to see a therapist. I am full of self-hate, and don' t think I' m worth much, but my boyfriend and family seem to think I' m a good person. My boyfried and I have gone through a very rough patch, financially and emotionally, and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I feel depressed, unworthy, insecure, and tearful almost all the time. I know I have major issues to deal with, and if I don' t try sort myself out then I won' t get anywhere in life.
Could you advise a good therapist around the Edenvale area in Joburg?

Well, sounds like ti could indeed help you to see a good shrink. Your bf and familty are pobably right, and you ARE a good person, but until you recognize and feel that too, you will remain uncomfortale I can't recommend specific therapists, but there should be several within reach of you. If you have a GP, ask him/her, or your local Lifeline or the Depression-Anxiety Support Group could recommend some in your area. Ask especially about CBT, Cognitive-behaviour Therapy, which works well, and avoid analytical style counselling, which is useless.

Posted by: cally | 2009-02-23

Thank you. I appreciate the guidance.

Reply to cally