Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2010/02/25

neck stiffness

Hi there. The other day, after I had a haircut, the barber, who also gives head massages, massaged my head and neck. But he also turned my head to both sides, and basically cracking sounds were made, similar to knuckles cracking, except louder and in the neck.

Is that supposed to be beneficial? Is it an Indian head massage or a Thai massage? What exactly did he do?
Thanks for any advice.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Such treatment from a Barber is definitely NOT advisable!!! Treatment of the neck in any form should be left to expert registered practitioners such as Chiropractors.