Question
Posted by: Vik | 2010/01/19

Neck /Shoulder Pain

Hi. I ' m writing on behalf of my wife .
Lately - for the last year or so she is having quite serous pain in the base of the neck going to the shoulder with causes her severe headaches too. We are rubbing it with with Voltaren and it calms down but for a while only. The area where the pain initiates ( about 70-100 mm diameter) feels like infected - tense and hard but there are no visible bites or scratches etc.. The events are not permanent but come at random.
We suspected the air-conditioner in her office or in the vehicle but some time it can start even without exposure to aricons.
My question is - which type of doctor should we look for - our GP suspected allergic reaction and the medication he prescribed ( mostly painkillers) had only limited effect.
We are situated in Randburg ( GP).
Thank yo in advance.
V.

Thank yo in advance.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Vik,
I would suggest your wife consults with her nearest osteopath as this may have a mechanical element to it. For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2010/01/19

Hello Vik,

Reply to osteopath