Question
Posted by: Daleen Oosthuizen | 2010-08-18

Neck, shoulder, back, leg pain associated with dizziness

HI, I have been having leg, neck and back pain associated with dizziness for over a year now. I have been for bloodtests, MRI of my head and seen an ENT but nothing could be found. Both my GP and ENT diagnosed me with stress and anxiety disorder. I am not so sure that this is the right diagnosis. I have been taking Xanor for the last 4 months and it helps a bit but my neck, back and right leg still hurst every so often. I have also been involed in two minor bumper bashings in the last 3 years and I don''''t know but maybe my symptoms can be caused from delayed whiplash. I also notice that closer and during my monthly period I get axtra dizziness. Please help!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Daleen

You problem seems complex, and the neck, leg and back symptoms do not sound as if it is linked to dizzyness that is caused by problems in the inner ear (peripheral dizzyness). A central cause should be excluded, so I would suggest that you see a neurologist for an examination. This needs to be done to see if the whiplash injury is contributing to your problems. If the result still indicates stress as a possible factor, you may require better management for this condition.