Posted by: TL | 2009-06-01

Neck Problems Again

Hi. Had to fusions on same vertebrae C5 &  C6 about 18 Months ago. Took a very long time to recover, never came completely right but tolerable. Now I have a severe spasm in my neck and ringing in my ears. The worst part are the constant very bad headaches. Been for physio and no results. She did mention that should the spasm not break I would be in trouble with my joints pushing on each other. I also have a strange constant pain in my shoulder blade and down my right arm, but headaches are the most intolerable. Where to from here?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Chiropractic care could be beneficial - but please do take along your post op x/rays. In such cases a combination of chiropractic and physiotherapy could also prove beneficial. If there is no improvement within 7 to 10 days - I would recommend you consult the neurosurgeon who performed the original surgery.