Question
Posted by: KV | 2011/02/03

neck problem

Hi, I''m a 27 year old woman.

When i turn my neck to the right i hear crackling sounds (like rice crispies) - what is this? There isnt actual pain when I do this - but stiffness - which has become somewhat " normal"  to me for the past few years. Some history - I have always have muscle knots in my back, neck and shoulders - I have seen physios and chiros on and off for some time for this, but the pain seems to persist nontheless. I also have stiffness and numbness in my hands now and then, especially when the muscle spasms play up. I also have facial and jaw pain from time to time. I get terrible headaches on my right side of my head and behind my eye. It feels like severe tension headaches. Anyway, my concern now is the sound I am hearing - what could it be and what should i do? Should I ask my physio for a letter to get x-rays? X-rays of my neck and back have not been done. Most of my pain is on my right side, although i often ache all over my back.

Thanks in advance.

Hallo KV
I think you need to see your GP, you may need to have x/rays or a scan of the neck to exclude joint or disc disease.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/03

Hallo KV
dr Bets