Question
Posted by: eve | 2009-12-09

neck problem

I know that I have some arthritis in my spine at the base of my neck. If you press my spine there it is tender and you can feel thickening of the bone.I know that the nerves get squeezed coming out of the spine and that causes me to get cramps, pain, sometimes pins and needles in my arms as well as stiff neck and stiff painful shoulders.But it is getting worse. I do keep moving as much as possible. Swimming for example.I find this easily as helpful, if not more so, than physiotherapy. I take anti-inflammatory/painkiller combination pills when the pain is too bad, sometimes muscle relaxants too. But I really want a long-term solution. I expect to live for another 25 years and would prefer to be pain-free and mobile.

Hallo Eve
I suggest you discuss this with an orthopedic specialist. They can operate and clear the affected areas in some cases. I don't think there is any medication that will give you a long term solution

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-12-09

Hallo Eve

Reply to cyberdoc