Posted by: Unathi | 2011-10-25

Neck Pain + headache

my neck was sore for twodays last week ( thursday + friday), took pain killers because i thought i had been having bad nights. On sunday morning, i woke up with a very sore lump. jst below the ear ( towards the end of the neck)..I went to see a GP and he said it could be an ifection from the brain or somthing..Its is now Tuesday morning,i have the worst headache, my whole boyd is sore and i my back hurts.....should i be concered?? The doc gave me anti-boitics tho...PLEASE HELP, im writting exams !!!

I suggest that you reconsult your doctor for an examination, blood tests and a possible spinal tap. It is possible that you are suffering from meningitis and it will have to be investigated urgently.