Posted by: SR | 2012-07-27

I have been to an orthopaedic surgeon last yr and had MRI and CT Scan done, and he told me I have bulging disc on my C4 and C5 and the space between the bones are narrowing, gave me meds etc, but I am still having pain and don''t want to go for the injections etc. I usually take catafast and it helps for sometime. I also want to go for a thai massage or other body massages is this recommended, or will it cause more damage.... I just need to de-stress.

Also will a chiropractor or another specialists be able to help with my neck problem or is there any alternative treatment I said I don''t want to go for the injection on the neck and surgery. I am 41 years old.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello SR,
Caution should be exercised and I would advise you to work closely with your orthopedic surgeon. If you are not happy with his management you can find a second opinion from another surgeon. If you take this route a neurologist would be first choice. I would not recommend Thai massage or massage for your condition. If you do decide to take the conservative route I would suggest you consult with an Osteopath.