Posted by: melissa | 2012/07/08

neck pain

I have had severe neck pain for the last year. I think it probably has to do with bad posture as it often comes on when I sit for a long time. I''ve tried correcting my posture when I sit but this doesn''t help. I am now for the first time really trying to do something about it by seeing a chiropracter, but I''m not sure if this is what I need. I get different advice from different people about this. Some say I need to see a physiotherapist, others say x rays will show what the best course of action is. I really don''t want to spend a lot of money on treatment or tests if I don''t know for sure it will yield results. What specialist in your opinion will best be able to help me?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon for x-rays. He/she will be able to provide you with the best advice and treatment, once a diagnosis has been made.

A physiotherapist and chiropracter can be of assistance but I do suggest that you first consult an orthopedic surgeon.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Linda | 2012/07/09

I suffer from neck pain. Found out that I have osteoarthritis. Bad sitting posture aggrivates this. I suggest you see a physio. The physio might suggest you have an x-ray.

Reply to Linda

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.