Question
Posted by: melissa | 2012/07/08

neck pain

I have had severe neck pain for the last year. I think it probably has to do with bad posture as it often comes on when I sit for a long time. I''ve tried correcting my posture when I sit but this doesn''t help. I am now for the first time really trying to do something about it by seeing a chiropracter, but I''m not sure if this is what I need. I get different advice from different people about this. Some say I need to see a physiotherapist, others say x rays will show what the best course of action is. I really don''t want to spend a lot of money on treatment or tests if I don''t know for sure it will yield results. What specialist in your opinion will best be able to help me?

Melissa

I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon for x-rays. He/she will be able to provide you with the best advice and treatment, once a diagnosis has been made.

A physiotherapist and chiropracter can be of assistance but I do suggest that you first consult an orthopedic surgeon.

1
Posted by: Linda | 2012/07/09

I suffer from neck pain. Found out that I have osteoarthritis. Bad sitting posture aggrivates this. I suggest you see a physio. The physio might suggest you have an x-ray.

Reply to Linda