Question
Posted by: Pippa | 2009/04/08

Neck operation

Hi, Doc, I had a back operation 5 years ago, laminectomy (spelling?) and was 100% after that. But between level 3+4 my cushion is moving out to the left now. Also no cushion between level 5+6 in neck. Should I consider operations, firstly for the neck and then for my back? Both my left arm and leg tingles daily, especially more after a gym session. I am 53 years old but quite fit. Thanks so much, I appreciate it a lot.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Surgery is not necessarily always indicated. These conditions do occur in most people over age 40 / 50 and many are treated very successfully by chiropractors. Surgery in this instance should be a last resort.