Posted by: karen | 2010-10-26

neck lift

what does this involve

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Karen, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons web page ( have a great search engine with detailed explanations of the neck lift (and other) procedure and my advice would be to visit this web page to get a detailed explanation of the procedure, questions to ask before the procedure, possible side effects and complications, and what to expect after the procedure.
Very simply a neck lift involves an incision that starts just in front of the earlobe which is extended below and behind the ear and into the hair line. The overall effect (once the tissue is pulled) is an improvement of jowl and neck laxity.