Posted by: Bluesgirl | 2010-09-03

Neck and shoulder pain - breast reduction

Dear Chirodoc

I have very large breasts (38E) and suffer from constant neck and shoulder pain. My shoulder goes into a spasm at least twice a year (to get them out of spasm requires Votaren injections, physio and accupuncture).

The straps of my bra cuts into my shoulders and I do believe that my problems with my neck and shoulders are directly linked to my breasts.

Do you think I have a case to put to the medical aid (Discovery) to pay for my breast reduction? I know that you are not a plastic surgeon, so you probably don''t deal with this specific operation, but any advice would be appreciated.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Your breasts could indeed be a cause of your discomfort. The specialist surgeon may be able to assist with a motivation for the indicated procedure. Much depends upon the actual physical examination by your doctors.