Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/11/09

Neck and shoulder pain

Doctor, is there any exercise I can to to relax my neck and shoulders, sitting at a desk all day? This is also causing headaches. Thank you

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Mary,
Make sure you are sitting correctly. A chair with a space at the bottom so you can put your backside through is best. Bend foward wriggle your backside back as far as possible. Then sit up. Your chair should now support and therefore relax your neck and shoulders provided you are not twisting in your work position. Regular aerobic exercise will help. You are best advised to see your local osteopath to get to the cause of the problem.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2010/11/16

Hello Mary,

Reply to osteopath