Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010/05/19

Neck and shoulder pain

Dear Dr Bets
For over a month now iv''e been getting pains running from my neck into my shoulder and shoulder blade - also down my right arm. Ihave also had chest pains (more like aches). Had 2 erays done a month apart and everything is fine. Had physio 3 times and physiotherapist says the neck/shoulder pain could be causing the chest pains as well. Get the pains on and off during the day (not too bad and not getting worse) sometimes on the far left and other times on the far right side or even in the breast area (breast ultrasound done end Nov last yr all fine). Could it be a nerve? I somehow think it could (muscle relaxant seems to help. Should i carry on with physio? or what? I want to start IVF next week so want this to be sorted out by then. Thank you!

Hallo Sue
It sounds like a muscle spasm/Trigger point type of pain. Physio is usually the best medicine for it, but it may take a while to go away.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/19

Hallo Sue
dr Bets

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/19

Hallo Sue
dr Bets