Posted by: SR | 2011-10-06

neck and ack pain

For some time now I have been having this terrrible (burning) pain on my neck. I also suffer with pain on my lower back. My GP prescribed Trepeline and Prednisoane and I have been taking it for some time and it really helped only to find out recently that prednisoane is a steroid and blows a person up, so I have stopped taking it, I have been to the chemist and they gave me betapyn and IBUCOD 10mg, I have been taking this now, it helps for a while and then the pain is back. Please advise.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello SR,
Chronic medication has its uses however ther are alternatives. One alternative would be to consult with your local Osteopath who would thoroughly assess the reasons for your neck and back pain and come to a diagnosis. Osteopathic treatment has been shown to be very useful in the management of back pain and can be used in conjunction with medication.