Question
Posted by: Lee-Ann | 2009/07/08

Nauseous feeling before sleep

For the past few months i' ve been getting a nauseous feeling before I go to bed, it' s like a sign that I' m tired and need to sleep, even if its for a few minutes. Is this common or normal, and why does it happen

thanks

Dear Lee-Ann
You can get a nauseous like feeling if you are very tired, like if you stayed up for longer than 24 hours but not usually if you follow a normal working day. It may be a sign of peptic ulceration or gastritis especially if you get this on an empty stomach. Rather let your doctor have a look