Question
Posted by: Angel | 2011/02/16

Nauseous and tired &  pregnant with twins

My daughter is 10 weeks pregnant with twins...a week ago she started bleeding, she went to the gynae who said this is normal some woman do bleed and that her cervix was still tightly closed, the gynae took a scan and said the babies were fine. She was also given a suppositry to insert in her vagina to keep the cervix closed. She now has to have bedrest. What is worrying me is she is still so nauseous and is constantly tired, she sleeps all day and night. Is this normal? She has also come out in fever blisters, is this because she is run down? I am so concerned and worried about her. I know woman get morning sickness but hers seems to last all day and night. She is just not very well and I am just a very concerned Mother, but I don''t want to show her that I am worried as I don''t want to upset her.

The usual pregnancy symptoms such as nausea are worse with a twin pregnancy, so what she is excperiencing is normal. I don't know why she has fever blisters, but a good multivitamin such as Pregnavit M sould be a good idea.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/17

With twins the usual exhaustion and nausea is worse.

Why not buy a book like what to expect when you are expecting. Its really packed with useful, researched information. You should also contact the SA multiples society who might be able to recommend some good books specifically on being pregnant with twins or triplets.

Constantly nibbling on dry food like marie biscuits and bananas helps with nausea, and sipping water slowly all the time. If she is vomiting more than about 5 times a day, she is at risk of dehydration and should inform her doctor, there are medicines she can safetly take for this.

Sleep helps with the exhaustion.

All of this passes somewhere between 12 and 14 weeks.

Reply to Purple