Question
Posted by: Gill | 2009/10/27

Nauseous

For the past couple of weeks I wake up every morning feeling nauseous. I am not pregnant. I am not taking any medicines. I am fairly fit (exercise regularly). I eat 5 small meals a day. My diet has not changed. I don' t drink alcohol. I don' t smoke. Even though I feel nauseous I still have my breakfast like normal. I normally start to feel better between 10 and 11 in the morning. What could this be?

Hi Gill
A slight gastritis ( inflammation of the stomach lining) caused by gall reflux into the stomach or high acid formation during the night could cause morning nausea. Discuss with your doctor as taking an antiacid like Nexium at night may be helpful for this. If it persists they may need to do a gastroscopy to have a look at the inside of the stomach.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/27

Hi Gill

Reply to cyberdoc