Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/10/13

Nauseas and no appetite

Hi doc,

For the past two days i have felt very nauseas and have no appetite. I vomitted yesterday once and had mild diarrohea, the chemist gave me valoid and betaperamide to stop both vommitting and diarrohea. i never took the valoid because i only vommitted once and although the feeling of " going tummy"  is gone, i am still very nauseas today especially after i eat. i dont have any appetite but have forced myself to eat yoghurt. Could this just be a bug in the air or should i be concerned. My period is also 2 weeks late but i know that i cant be pregnant. i was stung by a bee 2 weeks ago and just experienced a red bump around the sting which has now healed, could what im feeling now be a delayed reaction to the bee sting perhaps? my mom also recently passed away, could the loss of appetite and nausea be as a result of mild depression? these symptoms started suddenly on saturday afternoon. Please help.

Dear Michelle
This is probably caused by a gastrointestinal infection. You can take the valoid for nausea too, not only when vomiting. I don't think it is due to stress or the bee sting.