Posted by: VS | 2012-08-27

Nausea, Sensitivity to Smell, Headaches

Hi there,

I wonder if you could assist. We have just finished painting our home and I wonder if the paint (which has since dried) could be making me feel like this. I am a 31 yr old female, not pregnant (or so the home pregnancy test indicates) but I am constantly nauseous, can smell anything from metres away and often have a bad headache. Wierdly enough, I feel like this at the office, when away from home - a delayed reaction? (I don''t think its psychological) They are rennovating at the office, so could dust be doing this to me? Any ideas?
Thank you!

The headaches can be due to inflammation of your sinusses and the nausea due to a post-nasal drip. Usually, your sense of smell will be impaired with sinusitis and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a possible CT scan of your sinusses. Please keep me informed about the outcome, as it will be interesting to know what the doctor found.