Question
Posted by: Miekè  | 2010/06/08

Nausea returning in second trimester?

Dear Doc
Im 25 weeks pregnant and since Sunday i have experienced spells of nausea, and last nite woke up vomiting, was beter after that, and about 12 hours later i can feel the nausea coming back. is that anything to worry about? or just morning sickness coming back? i had alot of nausea in my first trimester.
Thank you.

See your doctor to exclude a bladder infection. This could cause nausea at this stage.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/06/09

You might have a tummy bug.

I think the severe pregnancy nausea that lasts all pregnancy doesn''t stop around three months it just carries on. worth mentioning to your doctor though. I had very severe mausea and extreme vomiting but as I wasn''t actually dehydrated my gynae wasn''t too concerned and put me on meds that didn''t actually work. I have changed gynae''s now and hwen I told him about my nausea and described the days (people say you forget but when you vomit day and night for four months, you remember in vivid detail) he said I" m lucky I didn''t deyhydrate and said that there are far better meds I could have been on. So do mention to your doctor and let him or her decide if it is a bug or if there is something they can do to help.

Reply to Purple