Posted by: New Fairy | 2009-03-24

Nausea - Early Days

I am about 5wks preggies, this is my 4th pregnancy, but this time around I am very nausious. With the other pregnancies I just had some slight or heavy heart burn. But as far as I can remember vomiting and nausea only starts close to your 12th week?

I was told that something like ginger ale will help?
Is this true?

What else can I do or take to help?

Thank you.

Ginger ale and ginger biscuits may help. Also try having small frequent meals. Dry toast in the mornings may also help.

Posted by: Leila | 2009-03-25

The nausea can start at any time usually around 6 weeks, and then should stop by week 12 - 20. Ginger is a good natural treatment, but you can also take Emex syrup or Vomifene tablets.

Reply to Leila