Question
Posted by: lyn | 2008/09/21

Nausea and vomiting 6 hours after eating

for years, this problem comes up at more frequent intervals. sometimes months between episodes. Usually wakes me up at midnite or 1am with nausea and burping...which the last few years, ends up in vomiting. it doesn' t seem to matter what I eat, though sometimes it is fried foods or too much food. But once it was cereal and milk! Why is the food even still around that long after eating?? Had ultrasound of liver pancreas gall bladder and all ok. any ideas?? thanks

Hi Lyn
You may have a hiatus hernia which causes the upper valve of the stomach not to close properly, pushing food back into the esophagus. Ask your doctor to check this with a barium meal or a gastroscopy?