Question
Posted by: Monica Smit | 2011-06-06

Nausea and vomiting

Although I am sticking to a bland diet I still suffer from nausea and vomiting. I am taking medication for liver cancer and have done so for 8 years with no occurrence of nausea and vomiting. I was diagnosed with stomach ulcers a few months back and have kept to a bland diet but still suffer from incidents of vomiting and feeling really ill. I have seen my doctor and a nutritionist but with no improvement.

Dear Monica
I trust that you have also received medical treatment for your ulcers (for example a proton pump inhibitor such as Zantac or Losec)? If not please return to your medical doctor and let him/her know that you are still suffering from nausea and vomiting. Your medications may have to be changed or adjusted. A follow-up visit to the nutritionist may also be necessary to determine if you need to adjust your diet to compensate for the vomiting. It is very important to seek medical assistance if you are not improving, because being nauseous and having to vomit for long periods can deplete your body of nutrients and can contribute to you feeling so poorly.
Please contact the dr ASAP
Holding thumbs for you that you will soon feel better

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-06-06

Dear Monica
Please contact the dr ASAP