Question
Posted by: Reinetta Lombard | 2012-10-02

nausea and vertigo

Took antibiotic for middle ear infection for 3 days and started feeling dizzy and as if the blood in my veins was ice cold- suspected an allergic reaction to the medication and stopped taking it. It is now 3 days later and I still cannot come upright without feeling nauseous and wanting to faint- Can steroids alleviate the symptoms?

Reinetta

Yes, cortico-steroids can alleviate your symptoms by reducing the inflammation in the middle ear. Do not self medicate. Rather consult an ENT specialist for an examination and treatment, as your symptoms are most probably due to middle ear infection or inflammation of the middle ear.