Posted by: B | 2012-09-08

Nausea after eating

Dear Doc

I am a 40year old female. I dont take any medication. I dont drink and I dont smoke. I am about 12kgs overweight. Over the last week, I have noticed that I feel nauseas after every meal - but especially after dinner. I dont actually vomit - but feel very close to it for several hours. The nausea sets in within a few minutes of eating. I can sometimes feel the bile in my throat. I dont have pain or other symptoms. I am definately NOT pregnant - I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago. I also have not noticed any bowel changes nor has my diet changed. What could this be?

It is possible that you have a gastric ulcer or that you are suffering from gastric reflux disease. Other possibilities that will have to be excluded, are gallstones or inflammation of the gallbladder. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and referral for a gastroscopy and barium meal. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily.

Posted by: Dawn | 2012-09-12

Try digestibe enzymes. I find the ones with Ox bile in very helpful to break down the fat. I use Digestive Enzymes from Solgar.

Reply to Dawn
Posted by: Marie Hattingh | 2012-09-12

I am a female 64yrs. The last 3 days I have had a severe headache and nausea. I have not been able to eat. I am on blood pressure tablets and had bp checked about a week ago and dr was satisfied with the reading.
Please comment.

Reply to Marie Hattingh